8.6.13

Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies.

Something else I've never done on this blog before: share recipes. 

But whatever, these cookies are too good to keep to myself. They're adapted from a recipe I found in a really retro vegetarian cookbook here at my Grandad's (Rose Elliot's "Vegetarian Cookery", which you can buy on Amazon for a mere penny should you wish to try out some kind of - very - outdated veggie recipes). But hey, I won't criticise the original source too much, cause these cookies are amazing.



Preheat the oven to 180°c and cream together 65g of butter, 65g of soft brown sugar and 65g of caster sugar, with a dash of vanilla extract. 


Add an egg and 50g (a large spoonful) of crunchy peanut butter, and beat again until light.


Sift in 100g of plain flour (or wholewheat if you want to up the health factor), a teaspoon of baking powder and a pinch of salt and mix thoroughly. Here I'd normally also add about 50g of chopped roasted peanuts (if you can only find salted, just don't add the pinch of salt at this stage). Chopped good quality dark chocolate also works well, or carob chips if you're into that. The only reason I didn't add anything today is because there wasn't anything in, I have a guest coming in a couple of hours, and living in a tiny North Yorkshire village means by nearby options to buy such things are non-existent. But enough excuses, they're good without the extras too.


Put teaspoons of the dough on a greased baking sheet, and give them plenty of room to spread out. Bake them for 12-15 minutes...  


... and they should turn out something like this.


Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy with a strong cup of coffee and your book, preferably outside in the sunshine.

(I've said it before, and I'll say it again: food photography is really tricky).

No comments: